Winners were determined by a People's Choice Award through donations.
100% of the donations are split between the Medina Battered Women's Shelter and Yahab.org
The 10 Towns Fellowship House Tour of Gingerbread Homes will begin Friday, November 20th at 7:00 p.m. and continue until Saturday evening at 9:00 p.m. as part of the 36th Medina Candlelight Walk on the Square Events.
- Friday 7pm - 9pm
- Saturday 10am - 9pm
- Awards Ceremony is Saturday at 7:30pm
This is a People’s Choice Awards Contest benefitting the Battered Women’s Shelter of Medina County and YAHAB, a 501c3 devoted to give away necessities to people in need!
During the Tour times, a People’s Choice Award will be conducted for all entries in the following manner: a voting through donation table will be at the end of the tour with collection tubes for each entry as well as a link for secure online giving. People can vote for their favorites through donation until Saturday at 6:00 p.m., at which time all entries will be tabulated, and a 1st , 2nd and 3rd place winners will be announced at 7:00 p.m. Saturday night. Trophies will be given to these winners, funds collected will be donated to the charities mentioned above! Everybody wins!
This will be an AMAZING way for your group to participate in a time honored Medina Event, have some “healthy” competition, AND benefit local charities!
Join us as we look to bless the people in need of Medina County!
The registration link is at the bottom of the page.
1. Please submit your entry in digital form, email or direct mail by midnight on Monday, November 16th, 2020. See 10towns.church for online registration forms. Entrants will receive all correspondence, notifications and updates regarding Tour of Gingerbread Homes via email.
2. Please deliver your completed entry to the 10 Towns Fellowship House, 215 W. Liberty Street in Medina Ohio between Monday, November 16th, 2020 through Friday, November 20th from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. *Pickup arrangements will be offered as needed, call Lisa Gray at 330-737-7421.
3. Gingerbread House entries will remain on display during the Candlelight Walk from Friday, November 20th through Saturday, November 21st.
4. During the Tour times, a People’s Choice Award will be conducted for all entries in the following manner: a voting through donation table will be at the end of the tour with collection tubes for each entry as well as link for secure online giving. People can vote for their favorites through donation until Saturday at 6:00 p.m., at which time all entries will be tabulated, and a 1st , 2nd and 3rd place winner will be announced at 7:00 p.m. Saturday night. Trophies will be given to these winners, funds collected will be donated to the charities mentioned above! Everybody wins!
5. All entries will be available for pickup Sunday, November 22th through Wednesday November 25th at the Fellowship House. Entries not picked up within the designated window will be discarded beginning at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, November 25, unless prior arrangements are made (Please contact Lisa Gray at Lisa@10towns.church or call the church office 330-737-7421)
There is no minimum or limit to height as long as the base for your entry is no larger than 28” square. It is HIGHLY recommended that each ENTRY be placed on a board base, regardless of size. This item must be transported, so keep that in mind. Please make base NO larger than 28” square for display space concerns.
MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION:
You must use Gingerbread in some form in your entry. Solid walls, bricking squares in any size, walkway, etc. there are no limitations in the form of the gingerbread itself. There are NO limitations to the inner structure/walls and roof of your entry. If you want to use styrofoam, cardboard, etc. as an inner form and ICE this with frosting and add the edible
components, please feel free. Questions? Please call Lisa Gray at 10 Towns Church, 330.737.7421. There is no limitation to the types of EDIBLE components that can be used. We encourage your originality in design and VARIETY! Edible materials are not limited to candies and icings. Use of gum paste, fondant, pastillage, chocolate, modeling chocolate, royal icing, isomalt, cast sugar, gelatin and pressed sugar is encouraged. Use of "Disco Dust", "Rainbow Dust & quot; or “Hologram Powder” is permitted.
** PLEASE be aware of the danger of working with hot sugar and techniques using poured hotsugar or isomalt. This includes melted sugar candies.
Entries must be solely constructed by the individual(s) entering the competition and their team captain or authorized adults.
MOST OF ALL—HAVE FUN! This is a great group/team project, benefitting community charities and will be a WONDERFUL addition to a historical Medina event! We are so glad YOU are going to be a part!